It is possible to get root on your Samsung Galaxy A7 if you follow our steps. It will also install TWRP that will open gates for hacks, mods and custom ROMs. However it will trip your knox counter which will void your warranty. Also this recovery is only and only for the Galaxy A7 SM-A700FD running lollipop. In other words, only the qualcomm variant is supported.
To get root, download TWRP on Galaxy A7
STEP 1 will install TWRP on Galaxy A7:
– Download and setup ADB drivers for your device. Get them from here.
– Download twrp file from here
– Download odin 3 [Link]
– Turn of your device and go to odin mode [ Vol down + power + home button (all at the same time) ] release it when you see Galaxy A7logo
– Press vol up to confirm
– Now that you are in odin mode connect your device via usb cable
– Now open Odin3 3.09 that you have downloaded.
– If there is a pop-up like Installing ADB drivers let it get finished it is usually updates
– Make sure the COM : xx (xx is USB port number it can be any number so don’t worry about it,just verify COM is lit up)
– Select the recovery (Link in STEP 2) Now select AP and browse to where you have .tar file and select it
– Make sure you untick the auto-reboot button
– Once it says pass, boot into recovery using vol up + home + power button
STEP 2 will install Root on Galaxy A7:
-Download SuperSu file from here
-Copy that to internal sd card or external sd
-Power off your device and press vol up + power + home button (all at once)
-Select install zip from sdcard —>choose zip from sdcard —> scroll down and flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.xx.zip
If you find that your Samsung Galaxy A7 keeps rebooting into recovery rather than system, then after flashing the zip, boot into download mode and flash the recovery again with auto-reboot ticked .. Your device will boot fine.