Overclocking in Core i7-4770 not Possible
Intel has made it official that it will not let the non-K series processor, say Core i7-4770 to be overclocked. So yes, while Haswell gives you more flexibility in the form of additional base clock straps, these straps have been disabled in non-K series parts.
This implies that overclocking is only available in K-series processors like Core i7-4770K. This series is $20-30 more expensive than their non K-series counterparts. For instance, Core i7-4770K is $30 more expensive than Core i7-4770.
If your buying a top end i7 like this why wouldn’t you get the K version. Some people don’t like to overclock which is fine, but why even bother making the non K model then.
- AllWinner A80 Ultra Octa Core CPU with 64 bit GPU Specs
- MediaTek MT6732 64 Bit SoC Specs Price Release Date
- MediaTek MT6595 Specs Review Release Date
- Intel Celeron N2820 Benchmark Review Test
- MediaTek MT6290 Specs
- Cherry Trail Atom Processor Release Date
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 vs 800
- Intel Atom Z3740 Benchmark Review Specs
- Core i7-4700HQ Benchmark Specs
- Atom Z3770 Specs Benchmark