Today NEC has launched windows and android based tablets with Intel Atom processor. The first one is 10 inch Tab W that runs windows and is available in two variants – with or without physical keyboard. Second one is Lavie S that has 8 inch android tablet with Wi-Fi and 4G variant.
NEC Lavie Tab W specifications and price (TW710 T1S / TW710 T2S)
* 10.1 inch display with full HD 1920 x 1080 pixel and IPS technology
* 256.5 x 177 x 8.95 mm and weighs 598 grams
* Intel Atom Z3795 1.6 GHz processor with 4 gigabytes of RAM
* 64 gigabytes of internal flash storage
* Micro SD, USB and micro HDMI video output port
* 8 megapixel rear camera, 2 megapixel front webcam and 802.11n Wi-Fi module
* Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS
Battery life is estimated to be around 10 hours on a single charge. Price of the keyboard-less model is 565 euro while the keyboard model will cost you 661 euro.
NEC Lavie Tab S specifications and price
* 8 inch display
* Intel Atom Z3745 processor backed by 2 gigabytes of RAM and 16 GB of internal memory for data storage
* 8-megapixel camera, 1.6-megapixel webcam
* MicroUSB port, microSD slot and module GPS, Bluetooth 4.0 and 802.11n Wi-Fi
* Measures 123.8 x 209.8 x 7.9 mm and has a weight of about 310 grams
* 4290 mAh battery with claimed runtimes of 8 hours
* Android 4.4 kitkat operating system
The price is 241 euros. NEC has not given any specific date for the debut of the W and Tab Tab LaVie S.