Apple wants to keep the jailbreak people on their toes and has released iOS 4.3.5 today. This update does not add any new features but does fixes something called “certificate validation”. Jailbreak community has released an updated version of Redsnow / redsn0w that still allows you to do jailbreak. Here are the steps.
Download iOS 4.3.4 and 4.3.5 IPSW files from the links given below. Also download the redsnow for your computer and start it. Browse for the iOS 4.3.4 firmware, click ‘next’. Then select, ‘install cydia’ and click ‘next’ again. Now, it will tell you to put your iPod Touch in DFU mode. For that, power your device and
* Hold down Power button for 5 seconds.
* Now without releasing the Power button, hold down the Home button together with the Power button for 10 seconds.
* Release the Power button but keep on holding the Home button for another 15 seconds. The screen will turn dark now
Redsnow will jailbreak your device – keep your iPod Touch idle right now. Soon, your device will boot and you will find Cydia as one of the apps installed. However, keep in mind that this is a tethered jailbreak and you will have to use redsnow everytime you do a soft reset.
- Redsnow – mac, windows
- iPod Touch iOS 4.3.5 download – link for ipod touch 4, link for ipod touch 3
- iPod Touch iOS 4.3.4 download – link for ipod touch 4, link for ipod touch 3